WSDL Analyser / Editor

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
kingargyle

WSDL Analyser / Editor

Post by kingargyle »

It would be nice to either extend the existing Eclipse WSDL Editor/Designer or have similiar functionality in Oxygen's WSDL Editor / Analyser.

Also, when doing validation, it would be nice to do a couple forms of validation:

1. WS-I Compliance.

2. WSDL Schema compliance (i.e. compliance against the XSD for WSDL)

3. XSD Validation for the XSD:Schema embedded in the wsdl:types.

Currently it seems the validate option is just checking WSDL compliance or well formedness.

I would really like to see the WSDL portions addressed more in a future version of Oxygen, as it seems to be the one area with the least amount of development compared to other portions.
Radu

Re: WSDL Analyser / Editor

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.
kingargyle wrote: 1. WS-I Compliance.
This seems achievable, I added a feature request to our bug database.
kingargyle wrote: 2. WSDL Schema compliance (i.e. compliance against the XSD for WSDL)
That's for the moment the only validation available in Oxygen.
kingargyle wrote: 3. XSD Validation for the XSD:Schema embedded in the wsdl:types.
This kind of validation seems very interesting and useful.
I added a feature request to our bug database also for this one.
kingargyle wrote: I would really like to see the WSDL portions addressed more in a future version of Oxygen, as it seems to be the one area with the least amount of development compared to other portions.
Yes, indeed, for the past minor versions the only improvements in the WSDL area were usability issues and bug fixes and not functionality issues.

Best regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
kingargyle

Post by kingargyle »

A couple of more:

1. A graphical viewer for the WSDL.

2. Code Generation for the WSDL for various APIs.

3. WS-I validation: Allow specification of the profile to use, add ability to validate against custom profiles.