"Null source reader" error with eXist XQuery

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
dmccreary

"Null source reader" error with eXist XQuery

Post by dmccreary »

I am getting a "Null source reader" when I try to execute an XQuery using eXist.

This appears to be specific to one XQuery file. Others seem to work.

The XQuery runs without any error when I used the eXist admin interface to execute the script.

Here is the script that generates the error:

Code: Select all

xquery version "1.0";
declare namespace xmldb="http://exist-db.org/xquery/xmldb";
let $collection := xmldb:collection('xmldb:exist:///db/dan/test', "guest", "guest")
return
<html>
<head>
<title>View Phone List Example</title>
</head>
<body>
<ul>
{
for $lname in doc("/db/dan/data/phone-list.xml")//person/lname
return <li>{$lname}</li>
}
</ul>
</body>
</html>
What is odd is that a very similar script runs with no problem.

Thanks - Dan
- Dan
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I adapted the path to the eXist container for my eXist database and I executed the same XQuery against the eXist database. I got the correct result without any errors. We need more data about your XQuery execution for finding the problem. For this we can tell you how you can enable logging in oXygen so that you reproduce the error with logging enabled and send us the generated log file.

Regards,
Sorin
dmccreary

Can not execute XQueries with eXist

Post by dmccreary »

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

We have tried to analyze the problem on our end. We are now finding that the error is not specific to this XQuery file but common to other XQueries.

Can you tell me how to enable logging?

I searched all the Windows/Preferences options for oXygen and did not find any check-boxes to enable logging.

I also went into our C:/eclipse/com.oxygenxml.editor_8.1.0

I should also note that when I save a file, the time to save varies dramatically. Sometimes it saves right away and sometimes it takes several seconds (up to 15 or so) and sometimes it times out with the following message:

An I/O error occured. Cound not connect
xmldb:exist://proptax.mdor.state.mn.us/exist/xmlrpc

We have verified that the eXist xmlrpc is working with other applications.

By the way, we are using eXist # Version: 1.1.2 dev # Build: 20070222

Thanks - Dan
- Dan
sorin_ristache

Re: Can not execute XQueries with eXist

Post by sorin_ristache »

dmccreary wrote:I should also note that when I save a file, the time to save varies dramatically. Sometimes it saves right away and sometimes it takes several seconds (up to 15 or so) and sometimes it times out with the following message:

An I/O error occured. Cound not connect
xmldb:exist://proptax.mdor.state.mn.us/exist/xmlrpc
I sent you a file for enabling logging. Please send us the log file and we will try to see what happens for the two errors: "Null source reader" error and I/O error.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Thank you for the log file. For the other oXygen users: the problem occured when connection data was set in the Data Sources preferences panel by going to menu Options -> Preferences but not when the Data Sources preferences panel was accessed from the small button available on the toolbar of the Database Explorer view. It is the same preferences panel but accessed in two different ways. I could not reproduce the problem. After Dan removed the connection data manually from the preferences file on his computer and entered the same data again the problem did not occur anymore.

Regards,
Sorin