DTD search path - how can I specify?

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
rwellscs

DTD search path - how can I specify?

Post by rwellscs »

I am editing XML in a source tree for which the DTD file in

<!DOCTYPE extension SYSTEM "safeextensions.dtd">

Is not actually in the current directory at source edit time, but will be after installation at execution time. There is not an obvious URI that I can give that would work for all developers, and for both development source editing and production execution.

But the DTD file is in a known place in one of my other Eclipse components.

How can I configure it to look for unfound DTD files in a series of other Eclipse component package paths?

Thanks,
Robert
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Starting with oXygen 8.1 you can resolve the DTD reference with an XML catalog based on the suffix of the DTD file. Create an XML catalog file like

Code: Select all

<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
<systemSuffix systemIdSuffix="safeextensions.dtd" uri="file:///C:/your/path/to/the/folder/containing/your.dtd"/>
</catalog>
add the XML catalog file to the list of XML catalogs in Options -> Preferences -> XML -> XML Catalog and validate again the XML file containing

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE extension SYSTEM "safeextensions.dtd">
Regards,
Sorin
rwellscs

It works!

Post by rwellscs »

I was able to get that working for me.

I tried to create a rule that for suffix ".dtd" would look in the folder path containing several .dtd files, but it complained that the folder path was not a file path... so I just created a systemSuffix rule for each of the .dtd files in that directory, mapping the base filename to the absolute path for each, and that is working very well.

Thanks!
Robert