Can I Disable Windows Text Size Zoom

Oxygen general issues.
Jamil

Can I Disable Windows Text Size Zoom

Post by Jamil »

I accidentally held down CTRL while scrolling the mouse wheel. This resulted in the font sizes changing to now be unreadable.

Two questions--

1. Can I disable this? If so, how can I turn this off?

2. How can I restore all font sizes to default?

Thanks.
Jamil

Re: Can I Disable Windows Text Size Zoom

Post by Jamil »

Reset Global Options restored the default font sizes.

I just need an answer to #1 above.
Jamil

Post by Jamil »

It seems that Microsoft introduced this at some point in time as an update to Windows. Every single Windows application on my computer will change font size with CTRL held down while moving the mouse wheel. I can find absolutely no way to disable this behavior in Control Panel settings. I am using a standard USB mouse that has no settings to disable this. Windows was not always doing this, so Microsoft changed this.

Many Windows applications do offer a way to disable this with both Firefox and my text editor, I turned this option off. Both of these applications provide an option in settings to disable it.
Jamil

Post by Jamil »

I just found the option and disabled it under Preferences: Editor, Zoom: Enable mouse-wheel zooming

Thanks for forward thinking and adding this.

My questions have all been answered.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

I'm glad you found the setting, Oxygen implements this feature separately so it should not depend on any Windows update, we've been increasing fonts in the application when Ctrl-Mouse Wheel is done for a long time.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com