DITA Maps Manager context and Ixiasoft

Oxygen general issues.
wbrisett

DITA Maps Manager context and Ixiasoft

Post by wbrisett »

We're still using oXygen 18 in Eclipse for editing our DITA content in Ixiasoft's DITA CMS. I've got one individual on Windows who is seeing a problem that I can't seem to fix.

DITA Keys are picked up from the map, in ixiasoft this is the bookmap that is open in their DITA Map viewer. I have one person who can't get. the keys picked up from there unless they switch to the oXygen DITA Maps Manager and change the Context to <current map>. Then switch back to Ixiasoft's DITA Maps viewer. The next bookmap they open, the keys aren't found again because when they go back into the oXygen DITA Maps Manager it's selected some other map that they at one time had selected from the Context: pulldown.

I'm certain this has to just be some 'stuck' preference or corrupted preference somewhere, but I've yet to figure out how the two map managers communicate about what the context should be. Radu or anybody have clues as to what I might look for to resolve this for them?

Thanks,
Wayne
Radu

Re: DITA Maps Manager context and Ixiasoft

Post by Radu »

Hi Wayne,

Strange, can your colleague open the Oxygen DITA Maps Manager view, switch the root map to <Context Map>, then with the view opened close Eclipse and re-open it? Then look again in the view, is the <Context Map> setting still preserved there? If it is not, then Eclipse has problems saving its settings in the workspace folder. If the setting is saved, then there should be no more problem with the Ixiasoft keys not being used.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
wbrisett

Post by wbrisett »

Thanks Radu:

That did seem to resolve the issue! Ironically it's similar to what I was doing, but not quite. Seems that changing it, then quitting Eclipse for whatever reason was the ultimate answer. I'll have to remember this trick.

Thanks again!
-Wayne
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Wayne,

I'm glad the workaround helped.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com