Share dita file to people who doesn't install oxygen

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
catherine

Share dita file to people who doesn't install oxygen

Post by catherine »

Hi,
For some cases, I need to share my draft to my colleague, maybe Product manager, or R&D guys.
They need to copy the contents or just view.
These people don't install oxygen xml editor on their computers, and we don't use Oxygen Web version.

I wonder is there any way that I can share my contents to them in an efficient way?

For now, I save the dita file as a PDF file, but when they need to copy the contents in PDF file, the style changes, like merge lines.

Regards,
Catherine
cristi_talau

Re: Share dita file to people who doesn't install oxygen

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

Oxygen XML Web Author or Oxygen Content Fusion can be used to quickly share XML documents with your colleagues. They will be able to read the content and provide you with comments and change suggestions. Currently, these products do not support copying with rich styles. We have a feature request for this and will update this thread when this support is added.

Other ways to share content is to generate HTML, EPUB or even Word. All are good for copy-paste but have different downsides. With HTML, you need access to a server where to deploy the files, so it is more complicated to share. With EPUB they need a reader application. With Word, they also need a Word processor installed and you also have to customise the Transformation Scenario.

Best,
Cristian
catherine

Re: Share dita file to people who doesn't install oxygen

Post by catherine »

Thanks for your advise.
I will check it then.