How to change casing of titles in the top navigation

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
syed

How to change casing of titles in the top navigation

Post by syed »

Hello,

When i hover over the top navigation the titles, the dropdown have the initial letter in upper case. That's not how it is in the source files and in the side navigation. For example in the attached screenshot the dropdown shows Installing The Software On Windows whereas the source file has Installing the software on Windows.

How can i update the casing of the drop down titles in the top navigation to match the source files?
Also, we observed that the trademarks show up in the navigation titles. Ideally, they should show only in the content and not titles. Is there a way to change the behavior.
image.png
image.png (60.25 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
Syed
Costin

Re: How to change casing of titles in the top navigation

Post by Costin »

Hello,

By default, we capitalize the titles from the top menu in the WebHelp Responsive output.
However, you could easily override this through CSS.
More specific, you could use something like:

Code: Select all

.wh_top_menu *{
	text-transform: none;
}
in a customization .css file that you could use (either as a transformation scenario parameter), or in a publishing template.

For any further customization, you should write your own CSS rules. To identify the right selectors that you could use, you should apply the suggestions from the "How to Use CSS Styling to Customize the Output" section from the WebHelp Responsive User-Guide.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
syed

Post by syed »

Thanks Costin. That worked.

Can you also tell me how to ensure that the trademarks do not show up in titles and do show up in the content?

Syed
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hello,

It's not clear what you mean. Most probably you could filter the trade mark sign even in the source files.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support