Adding copyright towards the end of the main/landing page

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
syed

Adding copyright towards the end of the main/landing page

Post by syed »

Hello,

The Webhelp Responsive output generates an index.html file that displays the first level topics from the ditamap. At the end of the page, i would like to add a copyright statement.

The instructions on this page adds copyright to the Search bar
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... ssage.html

I would like to use the footer parameter for static text (so people don't change it) and the copyright year changes for different products every year. So, the footer parameter might not be the right choice.

Is there a way to add a copyright statement (hard coded) at the bottom of the main/landing page of Webhelp Responsive output?

Syed
syed

Re: Adding copyright towards the end of the main/landing page

Post by syed »

Hi,

The webhelp.fragment.after.body parameter adds the content (copyright) at the bottom of the HTML topics including the main page. However, it is displayed only when you view the HTML source of the HTML topics.

Is that the correct function of that parameter or am i missing anything?

Syed
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi,

Yes, like the parameter's description also reads:
Specifies either an XHTML fragment or the path to an XHTML file. The XHTML content will be included at the end of the html 'body' element in all generated WebHelp pages.
The WebHelp Responsive output itself is an HTML output, so, yes, will be displayed when you view the output/

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
syed

Post by syed »

Hi Costin,

For some reason, i don't see the copyright text on the HTML page. I see it in the HTML code (From HTML page, right-click and select View page source).

Could be a simple reason, but i don't know why. Attached is the fragment file that i want to show.
copyright.zip
(154 Bytes) Downloaded 199 times
Syed
radu_pisoi

Post by radu_pisoi »

Hi,

The more suitable parameter for copyright area is "webhelp.fragment.footer". We have a dedicated topic in our user guide explaining how to use this parameter.

Please note that the file referenced through a webhelp.fragment.* parameter should be XML valid.

If you still have problems to set a custom footer, please send us a sample XML fragment on support@oxygenxml.com.
Radu Pisoi
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com