URI has an authority component

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
THaen

URI has an authority component

Post by THaen »

Hi,

When trying to publish to PDF, I get the following error:
Failed to run pipeline: URI has an authority component.
Our publishing worked before, I don't know where to start looking for the problem.
I've attached a screenshot of the error message.

We are using a plugin transformation scenario, but the publishing doesn't work for any scenario anymore.
screenshot-error-message.png
screenshot-error-message.png (39.18 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
Please help...

Regards,
Tessa
Attachments
screenshot-error-message.png
screenshot-error-message.png (39.18 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
Costin

Re: URI has an authority component

Post by Costin »

Hi,

As a first remark, from the screenshot you sent, it seems you are trying to publish to CHM (probably you are using the DITA Map CHM scenario), not to PDF, so you should make sure that you are running the correct transformation scenario from the scenarios list.

Then, this kind of error may occur if the source DITA Map that you are trying to publish is located on a remote location, like a network share.
The DITA Open Toolkit that oXygen's transformations are based on, was initially designed to work only with local resources, it performs best when using local files but is known to have issues when using files located on remote locations. Therefore you should try to:
- either create a local copy of the DITA Map on your machine and try publishing that local file
- or map the remote folder that you are accessing the DITA Map from to a local folder in the local filesystem, then load the DITA map in Oxygen from the local folder and retry publishing the DITA Map to whatever format you need (CHM or PDF, etc.)

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support