WebHelp - Search within current context

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
ann.jensen

WebHelp - Search within current context

Post by ann.jensen »

Hi,
With my Oxygen WebHelp content, can I search for keywords only within the current folder context that I have navigated to?
My content is organized into quite a deep folder structure and covers many products so if I have navigated to content for Product X, can I do a keyword search that only searched within content related to Product X?
Any feedback appreciated,
Regards,
Ann
Costin

Re: WebHelp - Search within current context

Post by Costin »

Hi,

Unfortunately this is not possible in the current implementation of WebHelp.
However, we already have an improvement request to make faceted search possible logged in our internal improvements tracking system and we consider implementing this in a future version. I've just added your vote for it and we will update this thread when/if this gets implemented.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
ann.jensen

Post by ann.jensen »

Well at least I know the proper name for such a search now i.e. Faceted Search :D
Thanks,
Ann
imck

Post by imck »

Hi,
Is there anything new in WebHelp with regards to faceted search possibilities?
Best regards
Ian
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi Ian,

I also replied to the email you sent us on our official support email, but just to update this thread, I will also post my reply here as well.
There is no out-of-the-box support it in the current implementation of WebHelp.
However, we already have an improvement request logged in our internal improvements tracking system, to add support for faceted search, so I've just added your vote for it and we will notify you when/if this will get implemented.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
cll

Post by cll »

Faceted search would be great addition to WebHelp. I encourage you to work on that feature.
cosmin_andrei

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hello,

We already have an issue on our internal issue tracker for this and I have added your vote for it.
We will let you know when it will be implemented.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
jdupont

Post by jdupont »

cosmin_andrei wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:13 pm Hello,

We already have an issue on our internal issue tracker for this and I have added your vote for it.
We will let you know when it will be implemented.
Vote +1
This feature would improve a lot the UX.
Dan02

Post by Dan02 »

Any update as to progress on this item? We would also be very much interested in using a scoped/faceted search when available.

Thanks!
Dan
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi Dan,

So far there is no update regarding this, as the improvement request is still open in our internal tracking system.
Rest assure we will notify this thread when we will have any implementation available,

Kind Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
Dan02

Post by Dan02 »

Hi Costin,
We now have customers regularly asking us for this functionality. Without it, we are feeling the pressure to consider alternative solutions for our HTML. Do you have any further update as to when it may be implemented?
In our case, it would be helpful if rather than searching the entirety of the WebHelp, we could limit the scope to one level below the top menu. So to use the Oxygen documentation as an example, I would want to be able to limit the search to e.g. only topics under Tools > JSON tools.
Thanks,
Dan
Dan02

Post by Dan02 »

Hi Costin,
We now have customers regularly asking us for this functionality. Without it, we are feeling the pressure to consider alternative solutions for our HTML. Do you have any further update as to when it may be implemented?
In our case, it would be helpful if rather than searching the entirety of the WebHelp, we could limit the scope to one level below the top menu. So to use the Oxygen documentation as an example, I would want to be able to limit the search to e.g. only topics under Tools > JSON tools.
Thanks,
Dan
cosmin_andrei

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hi Dan02,
We`ll try to prioritize this issue for the next release version of Oxygen XML WebHelp.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Dan,

You might also want to see the following related discussion in the WebHelp area of the forum:

Topic level reuse in concatenated DITA maps
alin
Site Admin

Post by alin »

Hello,

I wanted to follow up to announce you that the Oxygen WebHelp Responsive output generated with Oxygen Publishing Engine 26.0 now features faceted search functionality. This feature is powered by Oxygen Feedback 4.0, which can be configured as an external search engine for the WebHelp Responsive output.

To use this functionality, facets must be defined using a DITA Subject Scheme Map, which enables the categorization of DITA topics into various controlled values and subject definitions​​. Once defined, these faceted values must be associated with specific DITA topics using a DITA Classification Map.

In practice, this means when users search within the WebHelp Responsive output, they can now narrow down their search results by selecting relevant facets. This update significantly improves the user's ability to find specific topics efficiently.

For a detailed guide on configuring faceted search in your WebHelp Responsive output, please refer to our user manual: How to Configure Faceted Search in WebHelp Output

All the latest WebHelp Responsive versions of our user manuals have been generated with version 26 of Oxygen Publishing Engine. Moreover they are using Oxygen Feedback Cloud as search engine. Here are some of our user manuals where you can try the faceted search feature:
- Oxygen WebHelp Responsive
- Oxygen Feedback Cloud

Regards,
Alin
Alin Balasa
Software Developer
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com