how to enable TEI names and dates Tagset?

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
muewi
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:47 am

how to enable TEI names and dates Tagset?

Post by muewi » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:07 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to use the additional tag set for names and dates in TEI, so I tried inserting this into the DOCTYPE-Declaration:

Code: Select all

<!ENTITY % TEI.namesdates 'INCLUDE'>
However, when I try to use a tag from this tagset like <persName>, I get an error message, that this element is not declared.

What am I doing wrong?

Best wishes,
Frank

george
Site Admin
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:58 pm

Post by george » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:33 pm

Hi Frank,

I started with a New from templates action in oXygen and selected TEI P4. This got me

Code: Select all


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE TEI.2 PUBLIC "-//TEI P4//DTD Main Document Type//EN" "http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/DTD/tei2.dtd" [
<!ENTITY % TEI.prose 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.linking 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.figures 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.analysis 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.XML 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % ISOlat1 SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-lat1.ent'>
%ISOlat1;
<!ENTITY % ISOlat2 SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-lat2.ent'>
%ISOlat2;
<!ENTITY % ISOnum SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-num.ent'>
%ISOnum;
<!ENTITY % ISOpub SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-pub.ent'>
%ISOpub;
]>

<TEI.2>
<teiHeader>
<fileDesc>
<titleStmt>
<title></title>
</titleStmt>
<publicationStmt>
<!-- one of (address authority availability date distributor idno p pubPlace publisher) -->
<p>Publication statement goes here.</p>
</publicationStmt>
<sourceDesc>
<!-- one of (bibl biblFull biblStruct listBibl p recordingStmt scriptStmt) -->
<p>Source description goes here.</p>
</sourceDesc>
</fileDesc>
</teiHeader>
<text>
<body>
<p>A paragraph goes here.</p>
</body>
</text>
</TEI.2>
Then I added an author entry and a persName inside the titleStmt and this gave me the following document:

Code: Select all


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE TEI.2 PUBLIC "-//TEI P4//DTD Main Document Type//EN" "http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/DTD/tei2.dtd" [
<!ENTITY % TEI.prose 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.linking 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.figures 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.analysis 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.XML 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % ISOlat1 SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-lat1.ent'>
%ISOlat1;
<!ENTITY % ISOlat2 SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-lat2.ent'>
%ISOlat2;
<!ENTITY % ISOnum SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-num.ent'>
%ISOnum;
<!ENTITY % ISOpub SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-pub.ent'>
%ISOpub;
]>

<TEI.2>
<teiHeader>
<fileDesc>
<titleStmt>
<title></title>
<author>
<persName>George Bina</persName>
</author>
</titleStmt>
<publicationStmt>
<!-- one of (address authority availability date distributor idno p pubPlace publisher) -->
<p>Publication statement goes here.</p>
</publicationStmt>
<sourceDesc>
<!-- one of (bibl biblFull biblStruct listBibl p recordingStmt scriptStmt) -->
<p>Source description goes here.</p>
</sourceDesc>
</fileDesc>
</teiHeader>
<text>
<body>
<p>A paragraph goes here.</p>
</body>
</text>
</TEI.2>
which oXygen marked as invalid with the following message 'Element type "persName" must be declared.'
Adding <!ENTITY % TEI.names.dates 'INCLUDE'>

Code: Select all


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE TEI.2 PUBLIC "-//TEI P4//DTD Main Document Type//EN" "http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/DTD/tei2.dtd" [
<!ENTITY % TEI.names.dates 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.prose 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.linking 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.figures 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.analysis 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % TEI.XML 'INCLUDE'>
<!ENTITY % ISOlat1 SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-lat1.ent'>
%ISOlat1;
<!ENTITY % ISOlat2 SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-lat2.ent'>
%ISOlat2;
<!ENTITY % ISOnum SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-num.ent'>
%ISOnum;
<!ENTITY % ISOpub SYSTEM 'http://www.tei-c.org/Entity_Sets/Unicode/iso-pub.ent'>
%ISOpub;
]>

<TEI.2>
<teiHeader>
<fileDesc>
<titleStmt>
<title></title>
<author>
<persName>George Bina</persName>
</author>
</titleStmt>
<publicationStmt>
<!-- one of (address authority availability date distributor idno p pubPlace publisher) -->
<p>Publication statement goes here.</p>
</publicationStmt>
<sourceDesc>
<!-- one of (bibl biblFull biblStruct listBibl p recordingStmt scriptStmt) -->
<p>Source description goes here.</p>
</sourceDesc>
</fileDesc>
</teiHeader>
<text>
<body>
<p>A paragraph goes here.</p>
</body>
</text>
</TEI.2>
makes the document valid.

Hope that helps,
George

muewi
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:47 am

Post by muewi » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:21 pm

It is working now!
Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Frank

Post Reply