Incorect refs text and counters

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
gloryman21

Incorect refs text and counters

Post by gloryman21 »

Hello!

I'm using DITA-PDF-CSS transformation with russia loclization.
I have installed default.lang to ru in ransformation scenario and attr xml:lang ru in bookmap element.
Now I have 2 problems:
1) In pdf, only the first link to the figure has a text in Russian. This problem is solved if each link is manually set to the xml:lang attribute value ru, but this is too inconvenient.
2) the number of the figure or table in the link text is reset in each chapter, but in the document I have pass-through numbering without a reset in a new chapter. For example first figure in chapter 3 have a number 11, but in reference text it was figure 1.
Costin

Re: Incorect refs text and counters

Post by Costin »

Hello,

How exactly are you matching the language? Are you using the ":lang" selector in CSS?

The issues seem to be specific to your CSS customization.

You should make sure that you are using the correct selectors that match the specific elements you need to customize/internationalize.
Using the internet browser's CSS inspector to investigate the HTML elements structure and decide which CSS selectors to use to match them, please take a look at the "Debugging the CSS" section from the User-Guide.

If you still need help, you could send us (to support@oxygenxml.com) the customization CSS that you are using (and even a sample DITA Map in an as simplified form as possible which which you could still reproduce the issues), so we could have a look at it, in order to figure out what could be wrong.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
gloryman21

Post by gloryman21 »

Hi, Costin!

I have 2 css - one for en and one for ru lang, so I did not use ":lang" selector in CSS.

The second problem can be seen when using the standard scenario Dita&Css. For example in second chapter first illustration have a number 11 on the page 13, but if insert the cross reference it will look like Figure 1 (page 13). How to make the link text Figure 11 (page 13)? I assume that there are different counters on the links and on the fig.
gloryman21

Post by gloryman21 »

Hello!

I sloved first probmlem!

But the number of the picture and the number of the picture's link do not match (even if using a standart DITA&CSS transformation). For example in Chapter 2 on page 13 first figure have a number 22, but in ref text i have Figure 1(page 13). How fix it?
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi,

The figure/table numbering was improved in our development stream, so their numbering in the reference links will be correct in the next version, whose release is imminent (should occur today or tomorrow).

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
gloryman21

Post by gloryman21 »

Thank you very much, we will wait for the new version.