Non breaking space

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Vidhya

Non breaking space

Post by Vidhya »

Is there a way to insert a non breaking space in the editor?
When I am typing in something like 2 cm, I do not want 2 on one line and cm in the next.
Costin

Re: Non breaking space

Post by Costin »

Hi,

Sure.
You could add it either in the Text editing mode, using the " " character code, or in the Author (visual) editing mode, using the context menu Insert action (right click somewhere in the document, where you need the non-breaking-space to be inserted, then choose Insert > Insert entity and type nbsp > click Insert.

There are also space preserve options available in the oXygen menu Options > Preferences > Editor > Format > XML.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
Vidhya

Post by Vidhya »

That is really helpful. Thank you!
Contra8

Post by Contra8 »

Sorry to jump on this train late but how can I keep a   from being converted when the XML file is saved to the eXist database?

All our   are converted to a Unicode U+00A0 when we close an XML file and re-open it. This makes it very hard for the editing persons to recognize the non-breaking spaces from the simple spaces.

Is there a magic thing we can configure in our oXygen? Or maybe it is an issue with the eXist database?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

This is most probably a problem related to how the Exist database might change the XML content saved by Oxygen to it.
I've seen this problem discussed multiple times on the Exist users list:
https://sourceforge.net/p/exist/mailman ... sg27028178

If you want you can also register on the Exist users list and ask around.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com