Search for un-referenced items

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
pault

Search for un-referenced items

Post by pault »

We have a number of Warehouse files used as the source for conkeyrefs. All the Warehouse files are contained within a single ditamap. Over time some of the sources (eg. <p>, <section>, <table>) are no longer used. Is there anyway to search to find the what source is no longer referenced?

Ideally it would be useful to be able to search all the Warehouse files at once.
sorin_carbunaru

Re: Search for un-referenced items

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hello,

In the DITA Maps Manager (DMM) we have a toolbar action called "Validate and Check for Completeness" (see https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... idate.html). The dialog displayed by the action has a variety of options that can be configured before running the process. The one you are looking for is Report unreferenced reusable elements. I suggest you to read its documentation at the link I provided earlier.

The dialog also contains other options that you might find interesting, such as Report unreferenced key definitions or Report links to topics not referenced in DITA maps. And there is also an action in the contextual menu shown for the root of the DITA map tree presented in the DMM called Find Unreferenced Resources. This action reports resources (such as topic, images, audio clips, video clips, etc.) that became orphaned from the DITA map. You can read more about this action at: https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... urces.html.

All the best wishes,
Sorin Carbunaru
oXygen XML
pault

Post by pault »

Hi Sorbin, I just spent over an hour explaining my particular situation for this issue and when I went to submit, the website had logged me out and all that information is gone.
sorin_carbunaru

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hi Paul,

:(. I am sorry to hear that... Loosing your content had to be frustrating... I don't know why this happened. Maybe the forum has some kind of timeout mechanism.

If you can find some time to briefly explain your use case again, I would definitely try to help you.

Sorin C.