How about an option to hide diagrams when opening schemas?

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
abcoates

How about an option to hide diagrams when opening schemas?

Post by abcoates »

I don't really use the schema diagrams much (since they aren't directly editable), but I like the "Schema Components" pane to help me navigate around my Schemas. Since the two features are linked, every time I open a Schema, I have to hide the diagram. Could you add an option that hides the diagram when a Schema is opened, rather than having both the diagram and text open? I guess if you are going to do that, it would make sense to have the opposite, having Schemas open with just the diagram visible.

This is not a huge thing, but convenient when you are opening schemas a lot, as I have to.

Cheers, Tony.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Tony,

The schema diagrams are editable. The contextual menu allows you to add new content and double clicking on a diagram will allow you to edit attributes.
Anyway, I filed an entry on our bugzilla with support for adding in the Options->Preferences -- Editor -- Diagram a couple of options along with the Show ... diagram options to allow also to start the editors with the diagrams minimized.

Best Regards,
George
abcoates

Post by abcoates »

Hey, great, I hadn't realised the diagrams were editable! In that case, could you consider adding support for (optionally) displaying/editing the documentation text in the diagram? It's actually a bit of a quality-control nightmare if the GUI encourages you to create new items without documenting them. Thanks,

Cheers, Tony.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Tony,

The annotation documentation text is presented in the diagram, make sure you click on the button with a T icon (Show/Hide annotations) in the diagram controls (if you do not see the annotation text) but it cannot be edited through the diagram.

Best Regards,
George
jgangemi

Post by jgangemi »

the ability to toggle the diagram on/off from inside the editor window would still be very helpful. i like being able to see the diagram, but being able to maximize the available editor space on demand would be even better.

thx!
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
jgangemi wrote:the ability to toggle the diagram on/off from inside the editor window would still be very helpful.
The two toggle buttons available on the left end of the separator line of the split pane which minimize/maximize the diagram view and the editor panel of the XML Schema editor will not be removed. They will work the same as now.

Regards,
Sorin
kingargyle

Post by kingargyle »

I would have to second this request, for a toggle on showing the graphical view or not. Especially within the Eclipse environment. Having the ability to toggle the view would give more screen space for editing the content of a schema. Ideally, an option to tab between graphical and source like Eclipse Web Tools' Editor has.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
kingargyle wrote:I would have to second this request, for a toggle on showing the graphical view or not. Especially within the Eclipse environment.
Eclipse does not have a split view with the two parts separated by a split line with buttons for hiding and showing one part of the view as in <oXygen/> standalone. We will think about adding a button for that in the Eclipse plugin schema editor.
kingargyle wrote:an option to tab between graphical and source like Eclipse Web Tools' Editor has.
I added an enhancement request to our database.

Thank you,
Sorin