Exporting Docbook to Word

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
deannelson

Exporting Docbook to Word

Post by deannelson »

Now that I have my single source documents working and they output PDF and HTML, How do I create a Rich Text Format (RTF) file for WORD to ingest (its for our marketing dept). Or is there another format I can use to get it into WORD?

Dean
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

<oXygen/> version 7.2 which will be released next week will include version 1.70.1 of the DocBook XSL stylesheets, which contain DocBook to WordML stylesheets. WordML is supported by Word 2003. If you wait until next week you will apply [oXygen7.2-install-folder]/frameworks/docbook/xsl/wordml/docbook.xsl to transform from DocBook XML to WordML. If you cannot wait you have to install the DocBook XSL stylesheets version 1.70.1 in the [your-oXygen-install-folder]/frameworks/docbook folder and use docbook/xsl/wordml/docbook.xsl. This can be done directly from MS Word 2003 by configuring an XSLT stylesheet to be applied to the DocBook XML file before opening it in MS Word.

Regards,
Sorin
deannelson

Post by deannelson »

Will 7.2 be configurable to OUTPUT a wordML file like in the "Edit Scenario" dialog under the tab of FO processing?

My document has a few <xi:include> files in it. WHen I triied to load it in WORD - it balked. So I assume that I am doing something goofy or wrong.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around this concept. Is this the general process?
1. Make Docbook under Oxygen
2. Run WordML XSL stylesheet on document
3. Use the output XML with a wordml stylsheet in WORD

Is that Right?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

In the Edit scenario dialog select the docbook/xsl/wordml/docbook.xsl stylesheet in the XSLT tab, disable FO processing in the FO Processor tab and specify the output file name in the Output tab. For XInclude you have to enable XInclude processing in Preferences. The output of the scenario is a WordML document so in Word just open it wihout setting other stylesheet. Setting the WordML stylesheet in Word is an alternative to the transformation scenario.

Regards,
Sorin