PDF Table of Contents formatting

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
veigel1

PDF Table of Contents formatting

Post by veigel1 »

Hi,
The point size for the *titles* of new topics that I've added to the DITA map appears larger than the subsequent topics. The "Chapter n" size is consistent, it's just the title string itself.
I've tried to mock up the problem, below. Is this formatting controlled in the CSS?

Contents
Chapter 1: Important Changes for AtScale 7.0.0 and Later.............................. 3
Chapter 2: 7.1.2......................................................................................................................... 5
Chapter 3: 7.1.1........................................................................................................................... 7

Thanks, Victoria
Dan

Re: PDF Table of Contents formatting

Post by Dan »

Hello Victoria,

What transformation scenario are you using? Is it based on XSL-FO or CSS?

Many Regards,
Dan
veigel1

Post by veigel1 »

Hmmm, I'm using oXygen 18.1. It says the Transformation Scenario is PDF, Type DITA OT, and the processor is Apache FOP.
(I inherited all the transformations for our docs and there isn't a history.)
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Victoria,

You seem to be using the classic PDF output which is not CSS based (actually the CSS-based PDF output was not available in Oxygen 18.1 anyway).
The PDF output is based on genarating XSL-FO output from DITA and then using the Apache FOP processor.
Are you using a custom DITA Open Toolkit distribution with Oxygen? Have you installed any custom plugins which might have changed the PDF generation (customizations specific to your company)?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com