DITAVAL: Profiling doesn't work in oXygen if multiple default values are set to "include"

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Frank Ralf

DITAVAL: Profiling doesn't work in oXygen if multiple default values are set to "include"

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi,

I've noticed a strange behavior when applying profiling condition sets in oXygen that are linked to a DITAVAL file. If I set the default behavior explicitly to "include" for more than one attribute the profiling doesn't seem to work in oXygen anymore.

Does not work

Code: Select all

<val>
<prop att="audience" action="include" />
<prop att="audience" val="exclude_me" action="exclude" />
<prop att="audience" val="include_me" action="include" />

<prop att="product" action="include" />
<prop att="product" val="Exclusion" action="exclude" />
<prop att="product" val="Inclusion" action="include" />
</val>
Works

<val>
<!-- <prop att="audience" action="include" />-->
<prop att="audience" val="exclude_me" action="exclude" />
<prop att="audience" val="include_me" action="include" />

<prop att="product" action="include" />
<prop att="product" val="Exclusion" action="exclude" />
<prop att="product" val="Inclusion" action="include" />
</val>
Can this be a configuration issue on my side (oXygen 16.1, Windows 7) or is this a bug?

Best regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Frank Ralf

Re: DITAVAL: Profiling doesn't work in oXygen if multiple default values are set to "include"

Post by Frank Ralf »

I had a closer look and the behavior is a bit different but still strange. When setting the default value explicitly to "include" in a DITAVAL file the associated profiling condition in oXygen doesn't work for that attribute.

Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Radu

Re: DITAVAL: Profiling doesn't work in oXygen if multiple default values are set to "include"

Post by Radu »

Hi Frank,

The way in which the attributes are defined on the DITA elements might also matter and you did not give me any sample DITA content.
How about if you put together a small sample DITA project + a DITAVAL and send it to "support@oxygenxml.com" along with steps to reproduce the problem?
Also, is the problem related also the publishing part or only to the Oxygen feature which fades-out content depending on the applied profiling condition set?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Radu,

Thanks for your quick reply. I will send you my sample files but they are plain standard DITA. Here's an excerpt:

Sample DITA code

<ul>
<li audience="" product="">1) Only empty attributes. > Included</li>
<li audience="invalid" product="">2) audience="invalid" product="" > <b>Included</b> (Default)</li>
<li audience="invalid" product="Inclusion">3) audience="invalid" product="Inclusion" > <b>Included</b> (Default)</li>
<li audience="invalid" product="Exclusion">4) audience="invalid" product="Exclusion" > <b>Excluded</b> (Default)</li>
<li audience="include_me" product="Inclusion">5) audience="include_me" product="Inclusion" > Included</li>
<li audience="include_me" product="Exclusion">6) audience="include_me" product="Exclusion" > <b>Excluded</b></li>
<li audience="exclude_me" product="Inclusion">7) audience="exclude_me" product="Inclusion" > <b>Excluded</b></li>
<li audience="exclude_me" product="Exclusion">8) audience="exclude_me" product="Exclusion" > <b>Excluded</b></li>
<li audience="exclude_me include_me" product="Inclusion">9) audience="exclude_me include_me" product="Inclusion" > Included</li>
<li audience="exclude_me include_me" product="Exclusion">10) audience="exclude_me include_me" product="Exclusion" > <b>Excluded</b></li>
</ul>
Filtering does work as expected when publishing as PDF. The problem is only related to oXygen Author mode where I can see the effect of the applied condition set. I created the condition sets by importing the DITAVAL files.

Best regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Frank,

I also consider this to be a bug.
I added an internal issue and I'll update this forum thread when the issue is fixed.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Radu,

Thanks for testing and confirming the issue.

Best regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com