Show parent topic or breadcrumb trail of a search result on the responsive webhelp search results page

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
eccc

Show parent topic or breadcrumb trail of a search result on the responsive webhelp search results page

Post by eccc »

Hi!

Our user guide, which is built from a single ditamap, contains four main-level headings for our "core" product and two main-level headings for additional add-on products and solutions. The topics for our core product and additional products touch upon similar themes and thus the titles of the topics may be similar and difficult to distinguish from one another. This makes the search results page somewhat difficult to read, since it may contain hits with similar titles.

Would it be possible to show the top-level parent topic for a search hit on the search results page, something like "HR Solution: Managing Document Types", where "HR Solution" is the parent topic and "Managing Document Types" is the actual topic that matches the search query.

Alternatively, a breadcrumb trail for each search result would make the search results page more organized.

I noticed that the search index does not contain information about topic hierarchies, so I suppose there's no easy way to add this information on the search results page, but is this something that can be done?

Best regards,
Antti
Costin

Re: Show parent topic or breadcrumb trail of a search result on the responsive webhelp search results page

Post by Costin »

Hi Antti,

Thank you for your feedback!

I have logged an improvement request in our internal improvements tracking system, based on the use case you provided the feedback for.
This will be analyzed by the development team for a possible implementation in a future version of oXygen and we will let you know when this functionality will get implemented.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support