Oxygen Javascript Editor in Eclipse

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
nmshah

Oxygen Javascript Editor in Eclipse

Post by nmshah »

Oxygen 7.1 plugin installed on Eclipse 3.1.2 changes the file association for .js extension and associates it with "Oxygen Javascript editor". When I open a .js file, I'm thinking it is using this Oxygen Javascript editor like the Oxygen CSS editor and so I'm expecting it to validate my .js file and offer me auto completion like it does for CSS. But nothing is offered in the Oxygen Javascript editor - its just basic editing that eclipse provides

Is there really a Javascript editor in Oxygen that offers code completion, validation etc.?
If so, it is not working for me and if there is no Javascript editor in Oxygen, why is it changing the file association for .js file in eclipse?

Regards
Nilesh
sorin_ristache

Re: Oxygen Javascript Editor in Eclipse

Post by sorin_ristache »

nmshah wrote:But nothing is offered in the Oxygen Javascript editor - its just basic editing that eclipse provides

Is there really a Javascript editor in Oxygen that offers code completion, validation etc.?
If so, it is not working for me and if there is no Javascript editor in Oxygen, why is it changing the file association for .js file in eclipse?
The Javascript editor does not offer code completion and validation but offers folding and syntax highlight. If you don't want to allow the <oXygen/> plugin to change your association for the .js extension just locate "Oxygen Java Script Editor" in the plugin.xml file and remove the attribute default="true" of the editor tag. We will make this change in the plugin.xml file in the version 7.2.

Regards,
Sorin