add-on url with query string and oxygen 19.1

Post here questions and problems related to oXygen frameworks/document types.
jonathangudgion

add-on url with query string and oxygen 19.1

Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:18 pm

add-on urls with a query string like http://mysite/addon.aspx?version=test used to work in oxygen 17 and 19

in 19.1 they now give an error

Description: Invalid update site. Cause: Premature end of file.

Is this by accident or design?

Thanks

Jonathan
alex_jitianu

Re: add-on url with query string and oxygen 19.1

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:42 pm

Hello,

I can't think of anything we changed that might have affected this behavior. If you go to File->Open URL... and you paste the add-on url, do you see the expected content? Likewise, if you open this URL in a browser, does it return what you expect?

Best regards,
Alex
jonathangudgion

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:19 pm

File->Open Url opens the file as does a browser

Only the add-on related functionality doesn't work

The 3 add-on related options on the help menu all give the error "Description: Invalid update site. Cause: Premature end of file."

I've changed the log4j.properties file for oxygen and can see this in the output

18503 DEBUG [ pool-3-thread-1 ] ro.sync.net.protocol.http.WebdavHttpURLConnection - Construct a connection to {add-on-url}?version=live?_=1517400772759

so it looks like oxygen is adding ?_=1517400772759 (which I guess changes each time but haven't checked) to the add-on url, presumably to get fresh content something like that. But I'm guessing!

I've removed the value of add-on url but can provide logs via email if you want

Thanks

Jonathan
alex_jitianu

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi,

Good catch! We add this

Code: Select all

?_=1517400772759
parameter as a cache buster, to make sure we get a fresh version of the file. Unfortunately, we didn't take into account an already existing GET section. I will add an issue to fix this but until we release a new version, perhaps you can find an workaround on your side as well:
- perhaps on the server side, test if the value of the version parameter starts with "live"
- change a bit the URL to ensure that even after we append to the GET the version parameter has the correct value: {add-on-url}?version=live&a=

I'm sorry for the inconvenience...

Best regards,
Alex

Return to “SDK-API, Frameworks - Document Types”