Multiple footers?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
kgajda

Multiple footers?

Post by kgajda »

Hi!

I have two different footer html files that I would like to use in my webhelp output. I am using the webhelp.fragment.footer parameter currently to point to my footer, but I would like a different, larger footer on the index landing page. Is it possible to reference a different footer file/fragment in that page only?

Thanks for your help :)
Kim
bogdan_cercelaru

Re: Multiple footers?

Post by bogdan_cercelaru »

Hello,

To use different footer file for index page you should follow this procedure:
  1. Create a backup copy of the "${DITA-OT-DIR}\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive\templates\dita\bootstrap" directory. This could be helpful if you want to revert your changes.
  2. Copy "${DITA-OT-DIR}\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive\templates\dita\bootstrap\footer.xml" file to "${DITA-OT-DIR}\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive\templates\dita\bootstrap\index_footer.xml"
  3. Open newly created "${DITA-OT-DIR}\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive\templates\dita\bootstrap\index_footer.xml" file and replace

Code: Select all

<whc:include_html href="${webhelp.fragment.footer}"/>
    with

<whc:include_html href="${webhelp.fragment.index.footer}"/>
  4. Open "${DITA-OT-DIR}\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive\templates\dita\bootstrap-custom\wt_index.html" file and replace

<!ENTITY footer SYSTEM "footer.xml">
    with

<!ENTITY footer SYSTEM "index_footer.xml">[/list]
  5. Edit the "Configure Transformation Scenario(s)" dialog
  6. Edit the "DITA Map WebHelp Responsive" transformation scenario
  7. In the "Templates" tab select a template
  8. Go to "Parameters" tab
  9. Add a new parameter by pressing the "New" button. Enter "webhelp.fragment.index.footer" in the "Name" field and select your custom footer file that should be included on the index page
  10. Edit the "webhelp.fragment.footer" parameter to point to the custom footer file that should be included in all other pages
Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com