oXygen 19 and Mac OS X Crash upon launch

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
wbrisett

oXygen 19 and Mac OS X Crash upon launch

Post by wbrisett »

I'm having an issue with Mac OS X 10.12.5 and oXygen 19... When I launch oXygen 19, it immediately quits. When I look at the log files, I see this:

Jun 20 13:23:50 Waynes-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (ro.sync.exml.Oxygen.26668[1465]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Jun 20 13:23:50 Waynes-MacBook-Pro SonyAutoLauncher[661]: Device path: (null)
Jun 20 13:23:50 Waynes-MacBook-Pro SonyAutoLauncher[661]: Enum End!
Jun 20 13:23:51 Waynes-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.IDECacheDeleteAppExtension.1466): Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/LLDB.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/RootDebuggingXPCService.xpc error = 147: The specified service did not ship in the requestor's bundle, origin = /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDECacheDeleteAppExtension.appex
Jun 20 13:23:52 Waynes-MacBook-Pro Console[1451]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_MACHPORT] monitored resource vanished before the source cancel handler was invoked
Jun 20 13:24:10 Waynes-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.quicklook[1475]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook

Both oXygen 18 and oXygen 17 launch and work correctly.

Thoughts on what might be causing this?
Radu

Re: oXygen 19 and Mac OS X Crash upon launch

Post by Radu »

Hi,

We'll start testing this on our side and see if we can reproduce the problem.
In the Oxygen installation folder there is also a startup script "oxygenMac.sh", if you start a console, cd to that folder and use "sh oxygenMac.sh", does it work?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,
One more thing, on our download page we have two mentions about Mac OSX Sierra:
On macOS Sierra (10.12) Oxygen requires the option System Preferences > Security & Privacy, Allow apps downloaded from to be set to App Store and identified developers during the installation phase.
If Oxygen fails to start on macOS Sierra (10.12), you should clear the quarantine flag from its folder by running this command in a Terminal (you will be prompted to enter your password due to sudo):
sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine "/Applications/Oxygen XML Editor"
You should try to see if any of these indications works for you.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
wbrisett

Post by wbrisett »

Radu:

Thanks. Yes starting from terminal worked! Hmmm... I did get some Java prompts doing that. I'll try again without going through terminal and see what happens.
wbrisett

Post by wbrisett »

wbrisett wrote:Radu:

Thanks. Yes starting from terminal worked! Hmmm... I did get some Java prompts doing that. I'll try again without going through terminal and see what happens.
Opening from the Terminal works with one caveat, the GUI still crashes upon launch.

When I open via the terminal I see this now:

Waynes-MacBook-Pro:~ wayneb$ sh /Applications/Oxygen\ XML\ Editor/oxygenMac.sh
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

Waynes-MacBook-Pro:~ wayneb$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_73"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_73-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.73-b02, mixed mode)

Interesting...
wbrisett

Post by wbrisett »

sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine "/Applications/Oxygen XML Editor"

that was the trick to getting 19 to work!

Thanks Radu!