WebHelp: Chunking breaks CSS paths

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Frank Ralf

WebHelp: Chunking breaks CSS paths

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi,

I'm using chunk="to-content" for some topics (oXygen 16.1). The WebHelp gets built, but most of the styling is lost because the paths to the CSS files are wrong, for example <link href="my_styles.css"> instead of <link href="../../my_styles.css">.

I've read the related topics:

- Error when using chunking with the webhelp transformation
- Transformation error with cross-refs in Chunked topics

but haven't found a solution yet. Can this be a bug or am I missing some parameter setting regarding CSS paths in the transformation? Without chunking, the WebHelp transformation works ok.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
bogdan_cercelaru

Re: WebHelp: Chunking breaks CSS paths

Post by bogdan_cercelaru »

Hello,

I've tested using chunk="to-content" for some topics in our sample DITA Map and a custom CSS, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue that you described.
Please send us an email on support@oxygenxml.com with a sample DITA Map and the corresponding topics.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for checking and your kind offer. I will send you some sample files as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Bogdan,

I couldn't reproduce the error with the standard WebHelp transformation either. I've sent you sample files together with their output at the email address given above.

Many thanks for your kind help.

Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

For the record, here's Bogdan's reply to my mail:

Hello,

I saw that your transformation uses a custom DITA-OT and probably a customization of the standard WebHelp plugin.

You should check your XSL customizations. In the standard DITA WebHelp transformation the CSS and JS paths are generated
by the "jsAndCSS" template found in "${DITA_DIR}/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp/xsl/dita/desktop/common.xsl" file.
This template is called from "${DITA_DIR}/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp/xsl/dita/desktop/fixup.xsl" file.

Regards,
Bogdan
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks to your pointer I found the culprit. When comparing our customized common.xsl with com.oxygenxml.webhelp/xsl/dita/desktop/common.xsl I noticed that the com.oxygenxml.webhelp plugin and other, dependent ones in our framework differed substantially from the original ones. Looks like we branched the framework off of an older DITA-OT version. Updating the plugins solved the reported CSS issue.

Many thanks again for your help!
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com