Diff Files and Dirs: Add Ignore Element order for XML documents

Are you missing a feature? Request it's implementation here.
tatra603

Diff Files and Dirs: Add Ignore Element order for XML documents

Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:23 pm

Hello,

I would like to ask You to add a feature to Diff Files and Dirs. When perfoming diff of XML documents, I would like to be able to check Ignore Element order in the same style as Ignore Attribute order now.

Use case: The comparsion of XML documents produced by e. g. GUI, which saves XML output in different Elements order when just for example position of GUI's nodes are changed.

I already consulted it by Octavian on XML Prague 2016.

Thank You in advance, Stepan
florin

Re: Diff Files and Dirs: Add Ignore Element order for XML documents

Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:11 pm

Hello,

I've just filed a new improvement request on our internal issue tracking system to add the possibility to ignore the order of the elements, similar to what already is done for attributes.

You'll be notified when this feature will be available.

Best Regards,
Florin
Florin Avram
<oXygen/> XML Editor
art

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi Florin, out of curiosity (and because I could very well need this feature): Did your feature request make it to market? I use oxygen file diff v18 but do not seem to be able to diff xml files such that the change of order of neighbouring xml elements is not considered to be a difference. Cheers, Aaron.
florin

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:53 am

Hello,

No, the feature is not available.

In the latest iterations to Diff tools, our developers concentrated on adding diff support between documents presented in the Author editing mode.
From what I know, implementing the requested feature is not a too easy job to do and there is no estimation about when it could be available.

Best regards,
Florin
Florin Avram
<oXygen/> XML Editor

Return to “Feature Request”