Shortcut keys don't work

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Roger

Shortcut keys don't work

Post by Roger »

I have ctrl E mapped to 'select element' and ctrl-shift-C mapped to 'comment selection' and neither work in 6.2 but worked in 6.1 The shortcut keys display as expected in the menus.

Roger Kovack
iulian_velea

Post by iulian_velea »

Hi Roger,

I cannot reproduce the problem so I would like to ask you to be more precise about the situation when it appears. Maybe you could post a small file and specify the cursor position when you press Ctrl-E, and for the second problem, with 'comment selection', specify the selection range.
The action "Select element" works only if the cursor is inside the elements start tag or elements end tag and not on one of the attributes or elements content.
The action "Comment selection" works only if you previously selected some text in the editor.
Both actions do not have a key shortcut defined by default so you must configure them in "Preferences/Menu Shortcut Keys" page.
Also you must notice that Ctrl-E is already bound to "XML Refactoring - Surround with tag" action and Ctrl-Shift-C is bound to "Configure Scenario" action. So to make sure the key shortcuts you defined trigger the desired actions you must first remove the default mappings for this two key combinations.

Thank you,
Iulian.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thanks for your concern. The problem went away after rebooting the computer. So now I can't reproduce it either.

Roger