Setting a working directory

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
marcelk

Setting a working directory

Post by marcelk »

I'm not sure whether I'm completely missing something in the settings but everytime I try to open a file or save a file under Windows 2000 the default directory that appears in the dialog is "My Documents".

I don't have a problem with this the first time around but each additional open or save defaults back to the "My Documents" directory instead of the directory I last used.

Is there some way within oXygen to set a working directory at a project level or an option to default to the last directory used?

Cheers,
Marcel
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Marcel,

I remember we hit into this problem too some time ago but this was only with a specific JDK beta version if I remember right. Please let me know what Java version are you using to run oXygen and try to see if you get the same behavior with the latest Java 1.4.2 release.

Best Regards,
George
marcelk

Post by marcelk »

Hi George,

I was using Java 1.4.0. I've upgraded to Java 1.4.2 and set the path to point to my java bin directory but the problem still exists. Is there anything else besides the path variable that I have to set to ensure oXygen is using 1.4.2?

Cheers,
Marcel
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Marcel,

If you are using the executable then look into the oxygen.lax file for the lax.nl.current.vm entry and edit its value to point to the java executable from your 1.4.2 installation. If you are using the batch file oxygen.bat you can edit that to make sure you are using the 1.4.2 version.

Best Regards,
George
marcelk

Post by marcelk »

Yep! That did the trick.

Cheers,
Marcel