Sequence of transformations

Having trouble installing <oXygen/>? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
hlapin

Sequence of transformations

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:37 pm

Is there a simple, built-in way to pipeline two (only two, so I don't want to reinvent the wheel here) transformation scenarios in sequence, or does this need to be done in xproc?
In my use case, I want to convert ooxml to TEIP5, and then use my own XSLT transformation to modify the output. Selecting more than one transformation scenario always performs the XSLT transformation first, then the ANT transformation associated with OOXML document type.

Many thanks,

HL
HomeGoods

Re: Sequence of transformations

Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:38 pm

Not sure which level of "built-in" you're looking for. Anyway I sometimes find a wrapper XSLT with saxon:compile-stylesheet() and saxon:transform() is easier and more portable than XProc.
hlapin

Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:01 pm

Thanks!
I'm very new to this, so I'm probably missing something important, but since there is a stand-alone ANT process that must be done first and an follow-up XSLT transformation, I don't understand how to wrap the ANT transformation (and now that I think about it, how to do that with xproc either) using the saxon commands.

Thanks,
HL
adrian

Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi,
Is there a simple, built-in way to pipeline two (only two, so I don't want to reinvent the wheel here) transformation scenarios in sequence, or does this need to be done in xproc?
The support for running transformation scenarios is not designed to chain transformations (as in a pipeline). The scenarios are basically run in sequence, but their order is not considered important since it assumes you are running independent scenarios with separate outputs.
For XSLT transformations, you can configure a single transformation scenario that chains several XSLT stylesheets via the Additional XSLT stylesheets button.

Since your initial transformation is ANT-based, have you considered doing this in ANT?
You could create your own ANT build file, call the build from your first ANT transformation, then run an XSLT transformation, then configure an ANT transformation scenario in Oxygen for your ANT script.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Return to “Common Problems”