WebHelp: wrong link display for <xref>

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Frank Ralf

WebHelp: wrong link display for <xref>

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi,

I'm using to different oXygen 16 frameworks which supposedly should produce identical WebHelp output. However, one displays links in the wrong way. Instead of displaying the title of the target DITA topic, the following DITA code

Code: Select all

<xref href="xref_target.dita">
shows as xref_target.html in the WebHelp output.

Do you have any pointers where I can look where the two frameworks might differ? I've already looked at the two DITA-OT plugins com.oxygenxml.webhelp and org.dita.xhtml but haven't found anything.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Frank Ralf

Re: WebHelp: wrong link display for <xref>

Post by Frank Ralf »

I did some more testing and got some strange results. One of the DITA frameworks is based on DTD, the other on RELAX NG (RNG). It looks as if only links to RNG files are displayed correctly, and this only if they themselves are embedded in an RNG file:

RNG file
DTD <xref>: "xref_target_DTD.html"
RNG <xref>: "RNG <xref> Target topic"

DTD file
DTD <xref>: "xref_target_DTD.html"
RNG <xref>: "xref_target_RNG.html"

Is this some misconfiguration on my side or a bug somewhere in the DITA processing chain?

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
bogdan_cercelaru

Post by bogdan_cercelaru »

Hello Frank,

I was not able to reproduce this behavior. Please send us sample files on which you reproduce this using Tehnical Support form.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for testing. I will try to reproduce the behavior with standard DITA files to make sure it has nothing to do with our customizations and report back.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

I couldn't reproduce the error with standard DITA files, either. So it looks as if there's something wrong with our DTD customization. I will do some more testing and report back.

Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Bogdan,

I did some further testing and it looks as if our customized WebHelp is the culprit because I can reproduce the error with standard DITA files using our WebHelp transformation. I send you sample files and output via technical support.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

I finally got around to look at this issue again while solving "WebHelp: Chunking breaks CSS paths".

I noticed that the com.oxygenxml.webhelp plugin and other, dependent ones in our framework differed substantially from the original ones. Looks like we branched the framework off of an older DITA-OT version. In addition, there were modifications to files outside of the /plugins folder. Modifications to DITA-OT\xsl\preprocess\topicpullImpl.xsl were responsible for the reported issues.

Many thanks again for your kind help.

Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com