SVN client: connection error

Oxygen general issues.
gpm2a

SVN client: connection error

Post by gpm2a »

The SVN client is producing the following error when I attempt such operations as browsing the repository or syncronizing with the repository:

Browsing error: svn: E175002: Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not generate DH keypair
svn: E175002: OPTIONS request failed on '/svn/ptsl'.

What causes this and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Greg
gpm2a

Re: SVN client: connection error

Post by gpm2a »

Never mind. The problem turned out to be a change related to the SSL certificate by the hosting service that hosts my SVN repository. Problem solved.
linathakur

Post by linathakur »

Get repository folder children operation failed.
svn: E175002: Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not generate DH keypair
svn: E175002: OPTIONS request failed on '/svn/myproject'

When I am creating a repository in eclipse this gives above error. please tell me the step by step solution for the above error.
florin

Post by florin »

Hello,

From what we found out, this seems to be a limitation of the Java Virtual Machine - it does not allow generation of Diffie-Hellman primes over 1024 bits.
This issue was already reported to Oracle: http://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_b ... id=7044060

Possible workarounds would be:
  • usage of a newer Java Virtual Machine;
    There are rumors that the issue was fixed starting with Java 1.7.0_21. If not, it is expected to work with Java 8.
  • configuration of the JVM to disable some encryption algorithms that could generate the error;
  • usage of different security providers, like Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files or BouncyCastle;
  • modify the server configuration.
To provide appropriate information about the mentioned workarounds, please let us know the following information:
  • which operating system do you use (Windows, OS X, Linux);
  • which is the Java version used by oXygen. For this, open the About dialog box from the Help menu, switch to the "System properties" tab, and search for the "java.version" property in the list.
Best regards,
Florin
Florin Avram
<oXygen/> XML Editor