DITA Map Validates but Saxon Can't Find DTD

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
drLocke97

DITA Map Validates but Saxon Can't Find DTD

Post by drLocke97 »

I'm running Oxygen 15.1 I've got a DITA Map that validates using the catalog-dita.xml file and custom DITA shells. But when I run the "DITA Map XHTML" transformation scenario is fails saying that it can't find the Map DTD.

How can the Map validate but the transform not locate the Map DTD?

Thanks.

Don
Radu

Re: DITA Map Validates but Saxon Can't Find DTD

Post by Radu »

Hi Don,

Do you have a custom DITA Open Toolkit installation folder? If so, you should edit the transformation scenario and in the Parameters tab set the dita.dir parameter to point to the custom DITA OT installation.

If not, after the transformation fails the DITA OT console view should contain all the output received from the ANT process. You can paste that entire output as a code block in a reply on this thread and I will try to take a look at it.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
drLocke97

Post by drLocke97 »

Hi Radu,

Yes, I'm using a custom DITA Open Toolkit. So editing the dita.dir parameter and pointing it to the root of the custom OT worked.

Thanks.

Don
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Don,

In Oxygen 17.0 we will have a new setting in the Oxygen Preferences to choose the main used DITA OT folder, setting which will be used both for the default DITA-based validation and for the pre-configured DITA-based transformation scenarios we provide. So it will be easier to change completely the used DITA OT folder from one place.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com