Republishing webhelp with feedback

Oxygen general issues.
tomjohnson1492

Republishing webhelp with feedback

Post by tomjohnson1492 »

When I generate a new webhelp with feedback version, the output includes the install directory with a new copy of config.php. When I upload it to my web server, I have to re-enter the configuration and then remove the install file. This is very cumbersome to do on a regular basis (e.g., 5 updates a week).

Ideally, the webhelp with feedback should have an parameter that allows me to forego the creation of the install directory with each output.
sorin_ristache

Re: Republishing webhelp with feedback

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi Tom,

I suppose you modify only the content of the DITA topics, not the files in the OXYGEN_DIR\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\oxygen-webhelp directory. If this is true then I suggest a simple solution: please copy to the web server the output directory of the WebHelp-Feedback transformation excluding the oxygen-webhelp sub-directory. Both the initial config.php file and the install sub-directory come from this com.oxygenxml.webhelp\oxygen-webhelp directory, so if you skip the oxygen-webhelp sub-directory in the copy operation then you will not overwrite the config.php file which means you will not need to remove the install sub-directory or repeat the installation process in a web browser.
Regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor Support
tomjohnson1492

Post by tomjohnson1492 »

Thanks. I did try that, but I think I ran into issues with the TOC not updating. I will check again. Either way, having to manually exclude the install directory complicates any automated build processes.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

I think you can exclude only one directory from the copy operation that will copy the WebHelp files to the web server: WEBHELP_TRANSFORM_OUT_DIRECTORY/oxygen-webhelp. So the automated build operation is changed only by adding an exception for this oxygen-webhelp sub-directory.

You must include this WEBHELP_TRANSFORM_OUT_DIRECTORY/oxygen-webhelp directory and exclude only the WEBHELP_TRANSFORM_OUT_DIRECTORY/oxygen-webhelp/install sub-directory only in the case when you have some modifications in one of the WEBHELP_TRANSFORM_OUT_DIRECTORY/oxygen-webhelp/resources or WEBHELP_TRANSFORM_OUT_DIRECTORY/oxygen-webhelp/search sub-directories and you want to copy these modifications to the web server too, which is rare, I think.
Regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor Support