Pretty print question

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
smaug42

Pretty print question

Post by smaug42 »

I'm having a minor issue with pretty print. I have a tag called <instructions> that I use to enclose text that I want/need to map to <literallayout> in my transforms. I've tagged this in the oXygen options to be ignored by pretty print (preseve space elements).

When I click the pretty print button, it goes and reformats my document as I expect, and all looks like it should in the editor view. But... but.. when I transform to HTML the spaces I put in the text that's enclosed by my <instructions> tag have been replaced by tabs.

If I edit the document again, replacing the tabs with spaces and transform again (without the pretty print stage), the result is distinctly different.

So... telling pretty print to preserve space elements for a specific tag, and then having it replace spaces (that are enclosed by that tag) with tabs doesn't seem like its preserving space elements at all.... what's up? What am I missing here?

The output is still useable - it's just BNF code notation, but I'm wondering why pretty print is trading spaces for tabs when I thought I was telling it not to.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

You are right. The spaces should not be replaced with tabs by the pretty-print operation inside preserve space elements. Until it is fixed please disable the Indent with tabs option.

Best regards,
Sorin