sharing frameworks as addons

Post here questions and problems related to oXygen frameworks/document types.
emmam

sharing frameworks as addons

Post by emmam »

Hi
I'd like to share a framework as an addon.
I my framework I put a directory with sample xml files and a project file. When opening the project, the user sees the sample files and the directories he can use to store the files he creates.

When I install the framework as an addon, I don't understand where the files are install in the oxygen directory... is the project file (.xpr) which is packed in the zip file of the addon installed somewhere on the user's computer ? and the other directories and files ?

thanks for your help

best
emma
Radu

Re: sharing frameworks as addons

Post by Radu »

Hi Emma,

A framework configuration is not particularity intended to be used for distributing project and sample files.

It is intended to be used as a means of providing new file templates, CSS, Schemas and custom actions for allowing the user to edit a certain XML vocabulary.

When add add-on is installed its resources are not copied inside the Oxygen installation folder because the user might not have write access to that, instead it is copied to the user's home folder in a place like:

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\com.oxygenxml\extensions\currentVersionNumber\frameworks
for XML Editor or for XML Author:

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\com.oxygenxml.author\extensions\currentVersionNumber\frameworks
So users can find the project and sample files there.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
emmam

Post by emmam »

Thanks a lot for the answer.
I agree this may not be the best way to distribute sample files, but I was really curious to see the copied files
unfortunately I didn't find the subfolders and the file in my home folder (I'm using a MAC 10.9)... in your path %APPDATA%\com.oxygenxml\extensions\currentVersionNumber\frameworks what does %APPDATA% refer to ?
e
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Emma,

On MAC OSX the resources should be located at the location:

USER_HOME_DIR/Library/Preferences/com.oxygenxml/extensions/currentVersionNumber/frameworks

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
emmam

Post by emmam »

thanks a lot Radu.
emma