Add glossary as tab in webhelp output?

Oxygen general issues.
tomjohnson1492

Add glossary as tab in webhelp output?

Post by tomjohnson1492 »

Is there a way to add a Glossary as a tab in the webhelp output? Just wondering.
sorin_ristache

Re: Add glossary as tab in webhelp output?

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Many files need to be modified in the Webhelp transformation for adding a tab in the left panel: some XSLT files and JavaScript files. As an alternative the glossary terms can be (and usually are) grouped under the same heading/title in the map so that they appear as a group of links in the Content panel, one link to each term, which ensures quick access to the list of glossary terms.

Regards,
Sorin
gilloxygen

Post by gilloxygen »

To follow up on this old post, has anyone added a Glossary tab to webhelp or can anyone point me in the direction of information as to how to do this?
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

We registered an internal issue for this and maybe in a future Oxygen version our WebHelp output will have this facility. We will update this thread if we manage to accomplish this.
How would you see this feature if it would be implemented? An extra tab like the "Index" tab? And it would list all glossentry terms in alphabetical order, grouped maybe by first letter? Then clicking on a term would open the term description topic?

I cannot advice you how this could be done right now, also the forum is quite of a static place where to ask questions to other Oxygen users as most forum users are notified only on posts to which they contributed. If you register and ask on the Oxygen mailing list you may have better luck getting feedback from the other Oxygen users:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/mailman/listinfo/oxygen-user

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
gilloxygen

Post by gilloxygen »

Thanks Radu, that's exactly what I would like to do regarding a glossary tab. We currently have a section at the bottom of the DITA map with the terms in reference topics (not glossary entry topics), but with the increasing size of the DITA maps for our projects this is not ideal. I will post as you suggested and will continue to watch this just in case.