Output PDF Page Size

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
PhilSmith

Output PDF Page Size

Post by PhilSmith »

Hi,
I want to create a Pocket Book, which would require changing the page size from say A4 (210 x 297) to something around 9 x 13cm.
I have changed the default paper size in my Customise folder - basic-settings.xsl to
<!-- The default of 215.9mm x 279.4mm is US Letter size (8.5x11in) -->
<xsl:variable name="page-width">9.366cm</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="page-height">13.811cm</xsl:variable>

It doesn't seem to alter the output PDF page size. I am using Oxygen 15.2 and XEP to render the output.

Is there a 'quick fix' for this, or do I have to go through and reduce / change margins and footer settings etc?
I appreciate I will have to make changes to any table I use as well as images.
Thanks
sorin_ristache

Re: Output PDF Page Size

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

I just tried your values for the page width and page height and they are applied correctly to the PDF output. Did you set also other page layout parameters, like margin size, or did you customize other parts of the DITA PDF transformation? If you set 9.366cm (or 93.66mm) for the page width and 13.811cm (or 138.11mm) for the page-height you should get a PDF page size of 3.69in x 5.44in.

If the page size is not set correctly for you: maybe you modified the basic-settings.xsl file in the install directory of other Oxygen version (15.1, 15.0, etc) while you executed the DITA PDF transformation in the Oxygen 15.2 install directory?

Regards,
Sorin
PhilSmith

Re: Output PDF Page Size

Post by PhilSmith »

Thanks Sorin,
I did some further investigating and realised it was a DITA issue - not Oxygen.
Found the appropriate files to customise and all is good now :D