button control style

Post here questions and problems related to oXygen frameworks/document types.
odaata

button control style

Post by odaata »

Hello,

I'm adding buttons using the CSS oxygen extensions, but the buttons are all being placed above the other controls in the same element. Is there a CSS style or setting somewhere to lay them out on the same level as other controls? I've tried setting vertical align and it has no effect...

Thanks in advance for your help!
alex_jitianu

Re: button control style

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi,

I'm not sure how your CSS looks like but with the small CSS below the buttons are indeed placed higher than other form controls and the vertical-align property has no effect on them.

Code: Select all

para:before {
content:
"TEST"
oxy_textfield(edit, '@bla')
oxy_button(actionID, 'insert.table', transparent, true)
}
I've added an issue to investigate and correct this behavior. Unfortunately the fix will probably not make it in the next minor version 15.2 (which will be released shortly). In version 15.2 you will be able to use a workaround though. You will be able to tell a button to also present the name of the action:

Code: Select all

para:before {
content:
"TEST"
oxy_textfield(edit, '@bla')
oxy_button(actionID, 'insert.table', transparent, true, showText, true, showIcon, true)
}
When the name is presented the button will be placed correctly. You can use a Zero Width No-break Space
(U+FEFF) as the name of the action to keep the button placed correctly but not see any text.

Best regards,
Alex
odaata

Post by odaata »

OK, I'll give that a try with version 15.2. Until then, we can live with the buttons being a bit out of alignment. I thought I might have missed a setting somewhere...

Thanks!
odaata

Post by odaata »

BTW... I noticed in playing around with the vertical-align property that when it's set, the default padding that exists around the controls disappears. Setting the padding property then allows you to add padding back in, but I don't think this is behaving as designed. If not, you might want to take a look at how whitespace is rendered around form controls with no vertical-align property set.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Oxygen 16.0 was released a couple of days ago and we added some fixes in it to properly compute the baseline for form control buttons + obey the vertical align set to them.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com