Persist Lock/Unlock XML Tags Setting For Docs In Project

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Jamil

Persist Lock/Unlock XML Tags Setting For Docs In Project

Post by Jamil »

For a given project, please persist the current setting of Lock/Unlock XML tags for a given document. I currently have to turn this option on each time I start the editor. It would be nice if it retains this state for a given document when I restart the editor. This state could be saved in a project file, if that is a good place for it.

If the state does get saved in a project file, this will require additional changes elsewhere. Oxygen always starts with the last project opened. This behavior may need to be changed. If I open a new XML document not associated with a project in Oxygen, it is not appropriate to store this state for the new document in the non-related project file.
Jamil

Re: Persist Lock/Unlock XML Tags Setting For Docs In Project

Post by Jamil »

After giving this some thought, a potential way to implement this with minimal code change is to store an attribute for each document of the project in the xpr project XML document. It currently has a node that looks like this:

Code: Select all

<projectTree name="project.xpr">
<file name="one.xml"/>
<file name="two.xml"/>
</projectTree>
You may add an attribute like the following:

Code: Select all

<projectTree name="project.xpr">
<file name="one.xml" lockTags="true"/>
<file name="two.xml" lockTags="false"/>
</projectTree>
For the case of opening a new XML document not associated with the project, do not persist the lockTags state. You may continue to open the last project, but this state simply does not get saved.

Just one suggestion that may not be too painful to implement.
adrian

Re: Persist Lock/Unlock XML Tags Setting For Docs In Project

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.
I have logged your request and it will be analyzed and implemented in a future version of Oxygen.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com