Search found 138 matches

by chrispitude
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:14 pm
Forum: Common Problems
Topic: Deactivate online validation schemas
Replies: 6
Views: 223

Re: Deactivate online validation schemas

Hi Radu,

Is this SVG schema-checking issue resolved in PDF Chemistry?

I've removed DOCTYPE from our existing SVG files, but writers will create new ones over time.
by chrispitude
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:53 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: Support current filtering + specified flagging DITAVAL files in transformations
Replies: 4
Views: 83

Re: Support current filtering + specified flagging DITAVAL files in transformations

Hi Radu, The problem is that we are trying to avoid having the number of transformation scenarios multiply out like that. For example, consider the following DITAVAL files: filtering: filter_product1.ditaval filter_product2.ditaval filter_product3.ditaval filter_product4.ditaval filter_product5.dita...
by chrispitude
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:43 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: Support current filtering + specified flagging DITAVAL files in transformations
Replies: 4
Views: 83

Support current filtering + specified flagging DITAVAL files in transformations

I am trying to refactor our DITAVAL files into separate filtering and flagging files: $ fgrep 'action="include"' * filter_product1.ditaval: <prop att="product" val="product1" action="include"/> filter_product2.ditaval: <prop att="product" val="product2" action="include"/> $ grep revprop * flag_final...
by chrispitude
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:11 pm
Forum: DITA (Editing and Publishing DITA Content)
Topic: Useful Schematron checks for DITA authoring
Replies: 1
Views: 67

Useful Schematron checks for DITA authoring

Hi all, I wanted to start a discussion thread where we can share useful Schematron checks for DITA authoring. Here's a check that reports text elements that begin/end with spaces: <rule context="p|ph|codeph|filename|indexterm|xref|user-defined|user-input" role="warning"> <let name="firstNodeIsElemen...
by chrispitude
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:56 pm
Forum: Common Problems
Topic: Table continuation headers
Replies: 9
Views: 1845

Re: Table continuation headers

Oxygen folks - what is the internal issue ID for this enhancement?

Here's an example of how FrameMaker implements this. End of first page:

image.png
image.png (7.29 KiB) Viewed 80 times

Beginning of second page:

image.png
image.png (7.81 KiB) Viewed 80 times
by chrispitude
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:52 pm
Forum: DITA (Editing and Publishing DITA Content)
Topic: How to speed up css debuging for PDF cover
Replies: 8
Views: 180

Re: How to speed up css debuging for PDF cover

Hi Julien,

How does this work? Do I create an empty HTML file with just these tags, then apply my book CSS and see how it renders? Or is there a file somewhere that I open and view in Oxygen?
by chrispitude
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:36 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: Using @rev to track content on a per-project basis
Replies: 8
Views: 190

Re: Using @rev to track content on a per-project basis

Taking a slight detour for a support question... I noticed that when I insert a <draft-comment> element, it automatically populates the @author attribute. This is pretty cool! I'd like to implement this for a <project-label> specialization, but I can't figure out how it's implemented by looking in t...
by chrispitude
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:28 pm
Forum: DITA (Editing and Publishing DITA Content)
Topic: How to speed up css debuging for PDF cover
Replies: 8
Views: 180

Re: How to speed up css debuging for PDF cover

catherine wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:33 am
For now, I need to change css file then generate PDF file to check the style.
I do this process many times to get the style that I want, it wastes my time.
Any way to improve this process?
Are you running on an empty (or mostly empty) book so it's only publishing the cover?
by chrispitude
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:27 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: What about Git support?
Replies: 84
Views: 21793

Re: What about Git support?

For the most part, we haven't had problems. We haven't even had very many conflicts, and I have demonstrated the 3-way diff feature on a few occasions. But we have a large writing team, many of them nontechnical. Despite repeated reminders, some go a week or more without doing a Pull, and that has b...
by chrispitude
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:31 am
Forum: General XML Questions
Topic: Moving Images subfolders and need hrefs to update
Replies: 9
Views: 1147

Re: Moving Images subfolders and need hrefs to update

Actually, this seems to be an issue with a particular user's freshly pulled Git repo. When I deleted my own repo and recreated it from Git, the master files were configured as expected. Sorry! Okay, so we figured out when this happens. If you use the Git plugin to clone a repo from the server, the ...
by chrispitude
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:39 am
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: What about Git support?
Replies: 84
Views: 21793

Re: What about Git support?

I haven't seen a Git client that automatically pulls from the remote, at least not by default. I don't know if there is a Git client that offers such an option. To be honest, I don't know if this would be a great idea, as it would also bring unwanted changes. Imagine a team member commits something...
by chrispitude
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:14 pm
Forum: General XML Questions
Topic: Moving Images subfolders and need hrefs to update
Replies: 9
Views: 1147

Re: Moving Images subfolders and need hrefs to update

Actually, this seems to be an issue with a particular user's freshly pulled Git repo. When I deleted my own repo and recreated it from Git, the master files were configured as expected. Sorry!
by chrispitude
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:50 pm
Forum: General XML Questions
Topic: Moving Images subfolders and need hrefs to update
Replies: 9
Views: 1147

Re: Moving Images subfolders and need hrefs to update

Is there a way to store the Master files configuration in the *.xpr project file?

Our project is stored in a Git repo, and each writer gets warned that Master files support is disabled when they open the project for the first time. Then we need to walk them through which files to add.
by chrispitude
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:06 pm
Forum: DITA (Editing and Publishing DITA Content)
Topic: Using DITA-OT Project Files in Oxygen
Replies: 2
Views: 130

Re: Using DITA-OT Project Files in Oxygen

Hi Radu, I added a new issue with ID EXM-45204. I suspect right now the entries in the combo box might appear in the same order in which the individual context elements appeared in the dita ot project file. Should we try to display them alphabetically? Alphanumerically would be good, just so the use...
by chrispitude
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:01 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: Using @rev to track content on a per-project basis
Replies: 8
Views: 190

Re: Using @rev to track content on a per-project basis

Hi Radu, My @rev feature thinking is a complicated feature, and it's asking CCMS-like functionality of an XML editing tool. In the meantime, I have implemented a specialization of <draft-comment> called <project-label>, and we will just set @rev to 1.0: project-label.PNG It has some limitations: It ...
by chrispitude
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:48 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: What about Git support?
Replies: 84
Views: 21793

Re: What about Git support?

Hi Sorin, Thanks! We are using the Project Level Settings and it helps tremendously in preventing unwanted *.xpr modifications. Unfortunately there are still cases where it gets modified by nosy users or tool behaviors we don't yet understand. I did try the .gitignore approach but it did not solve t...
by chrispitude
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:16 am
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: What about Git support?
Replies: 84
Views: 21793

Re: What about Git support?

You are right. This would not be dangerous in our team because writers tend to own different books in their entirety, but a more collaborative project could run into trouble. On another topic, I find that we are still occasionally having issues with writers committing modified *.xpr Oxygen project f...
by chrispitude
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:52 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: Automatically switch root map based on open ditamap
Replies: 5
Views: 178

Re: Automatically switch root map based on open ditamap

Hi Carl, Radu and I have had some conversations about "sticky" DITA map contexts. Here is the text from an enhancement request that I filed. We actively employ Eliot Kimber's DITA "best practice" of defining a key for every topic, then using only keyrefs for within-book and cross-book references. Wi...
by chrispitude
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:21 pm
Forum: DITA (Editing and Publishing DITA Content)
Topic: Using DITA-OT Project Files in Oxygen
Replies: 2
Views: 130

Using DITA-OT Project Files in Oxygen

Hi all, In the new features list for Oxygen XML Author 22.0, I was intrigued by the mention of DITA-OT project files! One mistake I initially made was thinking that this was a new type of Oxygen project file (*.xpr), but it's not; a "DITA-OT project file" is a new feature in DITA-OT 3.4 that allows ...
by chrispitude
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:14 am
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: Using @rev to track content on a per-project basis
Replies: 8
Views: 190

Re: Using @rev to track content on a per-project basis

I should mention that the Revisions topic in the frontmatter serves multiple purposes: Before starting a project, I can scope the work required by placing @rev placeholders in all the topics where I think changes will be needed for that project. While working on a project, I can use the Revisions to...
by chrispitude
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:57 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: Using @rev to track content on a per-project basis
Replies: 8
Views: 190

Re: Using @rev to track content on a per-project basis

If I edit the XML directly to set the desired @rev value: <ph rev="TCL-001">To disable this feature, set the <codeph>sh_enable_line_editing</codeph> variable to <codeph>false</codeph> in the setup file.</ph> then Oxygen gives me the following dialog the next time I invoke the profiling conditions di...
by chrispitude
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:58 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: Using @rev to track content on a per-project basis
Replies: 8
Views: 190

Using @rev to track content on a per-project basis

We are transitioning our writing team to DITA+Oxygen+Git. We are a software company (semiconductor industry). In each release cycle, a writer has between 5 and 40 software projects to document. Each software project has a project ID associated with it, in the form of XXX-YYY. I would like to use DIT...
by chrispitude
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:25 pm
Forum: DITA (Editing and Publishing DITA Content)
Topic: Suddenly ... underlined links?
Replies: 4
Views: 146

Re: Suddenly ... underlined links?

Hi doctissimus, You can use Oxygen's CSS Inspector feature to determine where a style comes from: https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/22.0/ug-author/topics/author-css-inspector-view.html https://www.oxygenxml.com/demo/CSS_Inspector.html This also helps you learn about selectors, and helps you und...
by chrispitude
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:18 pm
Forum: DITA (Editing and Publishing DITA Content)
Topic: Validating the DITA schema from Schematron
Replies: 0
Views: 71

Validating the DITA schema from Schematron

Hi all, We want our writers to use RelaxNG schemas, not DTD schemas. I recently asked Octavian how I could enforce this in Schematron. My original thinking was to try to search from the <!DOCTYPE ...> declaration from Schematron. However, Octavian suggested a solution that instead reports when the <...
by chrispitude
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:31 am
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: What about Git support?
Replies: 84
Views: 21793

Re: What about Git support?

Would anyone else want to see an "auto-pull" feature that would automatically pull remote updates when available? In find that in Git, the longer you go without pulling, the more you are asking for trouble!
by chrispitude
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:05 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: Automatically set @keys attribute for new topics
Replies: 1
Views: 90

Automatically set @keys attribute for new topics

An increasingly common DITA best-practice is to define @keys values for all topic references, then use keyrefs instead of hrefs for references to topics and their contents. Currently, users must remember to set the @keys value each time they create a new topic in the map. This is error-prone. It wou...
by chrispitude
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:12 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: Support other external MathML equation editors
Replies: 1
Views: 72

Support other external MathML equation editors

The LibreOffice Suite provides LibreOffice Math, a decent free equation editor: libreoffice_math.PNG It supports MathML 2.0, as well as other math formats. It's available for Windows, Linux, and MacOS. It can be called to edit an equation file from the command line: "c:\Program Files\LibreOffice\pro...
by chrispitude
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:36 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: Suppress overlapping change bars in descendants
Replies: 1
Views: 157

Suppress overlapping change bars in descendants

I have the following topic, where I apply @rev at the topmost topic level: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <?xml-model href="urn:oasis:names:tc:dita:rng:basetopic.rng" schematypens="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"?> <topic id="ID_A_topic1" rev="1.0"> <title>topic</title> <body> <fig> <ti...
by chrispitude
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:17 pm
Forum: Feature Request
Topic: When Opening a Map.. do both options
Replies: 4
Views: 185

Re: When Opening a Map.. do both options

Lately I find myself opening both the "DITA Maps Manager" and the "Map With Resolved Topics" views at the same time.