Find/Replace in Files...

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
solarian

Find/Replace in Files...

Post by solarian »

I've come across an issue with the "Find/Replace in Files" feature. With the following XML, the regex '<abc>\s*<def>' doesn't match, for some reason, whilst in the normal Find/Replace it does.

Code: Select all

<abc>
<def>test</def></abc>
I suppose there must be some simple answer for this, but I'm baffled. Any ideas?
sorin_ristache

Re: Find/Replace in Files...

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

What do you mean it does not match as regex? I did a search on your text content with the regex <abc>\s*<def> in the Find/Replace dialog in Oxygen 10.2 and it matches correctly, that is it highlights

Code: Select all

<abc>
<def>
in the editor. Do you use other version of Oxygen?

What do you mean by normal find/replace? Your search expression is a regex and you must enable the option Regular expression in the Find/Replace dialog.

Regards,
Sorin
solarian

Post by solarian »

I'm using OxygenXML 10.2 with Find->Find/Replace in Files... not Find->Find/Replace...

It searches and then comes up with a little window saying "Occurences: 0"
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

In the Find/Replace in Files dialog the search expressions are applied at line level, that is the match must be on a single line. We have an enhancement request for multi-line search in this dialog as we have in the Find/Replace dialog.

Regards,
Sorin
mflat

Post by mflat »

I just noticed that find/replace in files is currently not multi-line. It would be a highly desirable feature for us to have that enhancement request implemented.

Sidenote: It would be equally useful if I could run queries from the xPath Builder across multiple files. Any plans for that?

Thanks!

Markus

--
Markus Flatscher, Project Editor
ROTUNDA, The University of Virginia Press
PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA
Courier: 310 Old Ivy Way, Suite 302, Charlottesville VA 22903
Email: markus.flatscher@virginia.edu
Web: http://rotunda.upress.virginia.edu/
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
mflat wrote:I just noticed that find/replace in files is currently not multi-line. It would be a highly desirable feature for us to have that enhancement request implemented.
We have an enhancement request logged in our system.
mflat wrote:Sidenote: It would be equally useful if I could run queries from the xPath Builder across multiple files. Any plans for that?
We will consider that.

Regards,
Sorin