Eclipse 3.3 - Oxygen 8.2 - XSLT Editor Crashes

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jaybytez

Eclipse 3.3 - Oxygen 8.2 - XSLT Editor Crashes

Post by jaybytez »

Since I upgraded to Eclipse 3.3 and Oxygen 8.2 (for Eclipse 3.3), my XSLT editor does not work anymore. It keeps crashing with a SVT error that asks me if I want to restart my workbench. The only information the Eclipse window gives me is:

Uhandled event loop exception
Cannot initialize Drop

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jay
sorin_ristache

Re: Eclipse 3.3 - Oxygen 8.2 - XSLT Editor Crashes

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
jaybytez wrote:The only information the Eclipse window gives me is:

Uhandled event loop exception
Cannot initialize Drop
This error is reported only if you install the plugin for Eclipse 3.2 in Eclipse 3.3. Is the stacktrace of the error the same as the one of this topic (see the end of the thread)? What is the URL that you used for installing the oXygen plugin? What is the build id of your Eclipse that you can see in the Help -> About Eclipse dialog?

Regards,
Sorin
bwinspur

XSL Edit Crash On Eclipse 3.3

Post by bwinspur »

I too have the problem, running Eclipse Version: 3.3.0
Build id: I20070625-1500, with Oxygen 8.1.0.

Incidentally if an open project in the current workspace s open on an xsl file,
then eclipse 3.3 boot fails silently. The workaround for the boot fail is to open in a
earlier eclipse, .e.g. 3.2.2, close the editor page, and exit 3..2.2, after which
the boot of 3.3 should work.

My problem is that I can not uninstall oxygenxml. The uninstall command does not
show in the product configuration dialog, even after OxygenXML is disabled.

Why i there no uninstall option, and do I have to uninstall it before installing the 3.3 compatible version?

Bill.
Bill W.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Eclipse 3.3 was released after oXygen 8.2 and we had to make a special build of oXygen 8.2 adapted for Eclipse 3.3 due to the changes introduced by Eclipse 3.3. That means oXygen 8.1 cannot work in Eclipse 3.3. If you go to the Software Archive page you can see that there is a link to oXygen 8.1 for Eclipse 3.2 but there is no link to oXygen 8.1 for Eclipse 3.3.

It is not necessary to uninstall an older version before installing a new one. Disabling the older version or updating via Help -> Software Updates -> Find and Install -> Search for updates is enough. This is true when a proper distribution of the oXygen plugin was installed in an Eclipse version, that is an Eclipse 3.3 distribution was installed in Eclipse 3.3. When an Eclipse 3.2 distribution is installed in Eclipse 3.3 the results can be unpredictable. I suggest closing your Eclipse 3.3, removing the com.oxygenxml.editor_8.1.0 folder from [Eclipse3.3-install-folder]/plugins and [Eclipse3.3-install-folder]/features, restarting Eclipse 3.3 and installing the oXygen 8.2 plugin for Eclipse 3.3.

Regards,
Sorin
bwinspur

Post by bwinspur »

Thanks Sorin, Everything running fine now, Bill.
Bill W.