[oXygen-user] New Member asking about accessibility to blind users via a screen reader

Radu Coravu support at oxygenxml.com
Fri May 22 00:15:30 CDT 2020

Dear Keith,

We have a topic in the Oxygen User's manual about installing and using
Oxygen with screen readers like JAWS and NVDA:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/22.1/ug-editor/topics/accessibility.html

During the last years we've spent some effort making Oxygen better to
use with narrators, initially we used JAWS and in the last year or so we
switched to using mostly NVDA when testing Oxygen for accessibility
problems.

Although not perfect as you may still find a dialog which is not
accessible, our accessibility support is increasing, we've started more
and more testing components for accessibility in our quality assurance
stages.

One of our end users has helped us quite a lot with feedback on this
aspect and due to him our accessibility support has increased. The
accessibility topic in the user's manual to which I linked above has
shaped by these interactions and discussions with him, trying to
establish some kind of workflow allowing people to use Oxygen with NVDA
or JAWS.

If you are interested in trying out Oxygen before buying a license, just
tell us and we can provide you with an extended trial license to us. I
would be quite happy to receive feedback from you related to using
Oxygen with a screen reader.

There is also a VPAT accessibility conformance report we filled in
Oxygen 22.1:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/22.1/ug-editor/topics/vpat.html

Oxygen XML Editor