XML Schema Quick Assist Support
The Quick Assist support improves the development
work flow, offering fast access to the most commonly used actions when you edit XML Schema
Quick Assist is activated automatically when
the cursor is positioned over the name of a component. It is accessible via a yellow bulb help
marker placed on the cursor line, in the editor line number stripe. Also, you can invoke the
quick assist menu if you press Alt + 1 keys (Meta + Alt + 1 on Mac OS X) on
Quick Assist Support
The quick assist support offers direct access to the following
- Rename Component in...
- Renames the component and all its dependencies.
- Search Declarations
- Searches the declaration of the component in a predefined scope. It is available only
when the context represents a component name reference.
- Search References
- Searches all references of the component in a predefined scope.
- Component Dependencies
- Searches the component dependencies in a predefined scope.
- Change Scope...
- Configures the scope that will be used for future search or refactor operations.
- Rename Component
- Allows in-place editing of the current
component. When you use in-place editing, the component and all its references in the
document are decorated with a thin border. All the changes you make to the component at
caret position are updated in real time to all component's occurrences. To exit in-place
editing, press either the Esc or
Enter key on your keyboard.
- Search Occurrences
- Searches all occurrences of the component within the current file.
To watch our video demonstration about improving schema development using the
Quick Assist action set, go to http://oxygenxml.com/demo/Quick_Assist.html.