[oXygen-user] Strategies for preserving Java settings when upgrading oXygen?

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Thu Mar 27 14:27:24 CDT 2014

Because I often work with large XML files, I need to modify the default Java
settings for oXygen to allow more maximum memory (-Xmx4096m instead of the
default 1024 usually).

In the Mac environment, this is easy to do by editing the Info.plist file, but I
always forget to do it when I upgrade oXygen and only discover it when opening a
large file causes problems.

Does anyone have a (semi-)automated way to preserve settings like this, or
should I just try to remember? (I could put a file in the oXygen directory
called "000_REMEMBER_TO_INCREASE_JAVA_MEMORY.txt" !)

David

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA