[oXygen-user] Strategies for preserving Java settings when upgrading oXygen?

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Thu Mar 27 15:35:46 CDT 2014

At 2014-03-27 15:27 -0400, David Sewell wrote:
>Because I often work with large XML files, I need to modify the default Java
>settings for oXygen to allow more maximum memory (-Xmx4096m instead of the
>default 1024 usually).
>
>In the Mac environment, this is easy to do by editing the Info.plist
>file, but I
>always forget to do it when I upgrade oXygen and only discover it
>when opening a
>large file causes problems.
>
>Does anyone have a (semi-)automated way to preserve settings like this, or
>should I just try to remember? (I could put a file in the oXygen directory
>called "000_REMEMBER_TO_INCREASE_JAVA_MEMORY.txt" !)

These are the files I created in my directory a couple years ago:

   oxygen-add-DocBook-4-article-and-monospc.txt
   oxygen-plist -Xss2m -Xms128m -Xmx1024m.txt

I use them to remember what to do after installing an update.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |

---