[oXygen-user] Variable names stops working

Florent Georges
Wed Jul 13 04:02:56 CDT 2011

Adrian Buza wrote:

> The logger library is a low level component that is statically
> initialized, it's not designed to be activated/configured on
> the fly.  So I'm afraid there's nothing we can do in this
> regard.  The application would still have to be restarted even
> if you were to enable logging from the Oxygen GUI.

  Well, I don't know the internals of oXygen, but it seems its
logging is (based on) log4j, which you can change properties on-
the-fly, after the static initialization at startup.  It would be
convenient, but I probably miss something wrt oXygen's internal
logging component.

Florent Georges