[oXygen-user] Variable names stops working

Jostein Austvik Jacobsen
Wed Jul 13 05:22:43 CDT 2011

I found a way to reproduce - and fix the problem!

The variable names that "stopped working" had at some point been defined as
options under "configure transformation scenario" > "edit scenario" >
"options" (probably by me, so I guess it's my own fault).

To reproduce;

1. Create this XProc script:
http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc-step" version="1.0">
                <c:result/>

2. Create a scenario with an option called "name" and the value "this is an
option".

3. Run the scenario on the pipeline. You will get:
<c:result xmlns:c="http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc-step" name="this is an
option"/>

I don't know if this is the intended behavior or not, but I'd prefer it if
either;
- options that were defined in the scenario, but not in the pipeline were
ignored,
- or at the very least if an option is defined in the scenario that has the
same name as a variable in the pipeline, an
err:XS0004<http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#err.S0004>were thrown.

Regards
Jostein