[oXygen-user] Connecting oXygen to Mark Logic using XDBC

Stefan Vasile
Wed Dec 9 08:45:44 CST 2009

Dear Andrew,
> Just to let you know, the only way I could get oXygen to connect to
> Mark Logic 4.1 through XDBC was to change the authentication from
> "digest" to "basic" for the XDBC server in ML.
>
> I wonder if oXygen should be using "digest" by default, or if not you
> might need to add a note to your guide:
>
> http://www.oxygenxml.com/MarkLogic_support.html

Since MarkLogic 4.0 the default value for authentication when you create
a HTTP or WebDAV Server is digest. Previously, the default was basic.
Oxygen uses XCC connector to interact with MarkLogic XDBC server and
requires the basic authentication schema to be set. We will change the
documentation accordingly.

Thank you,
Stefan
--