[oXygen-user] Generating "hot" reports

Wendell Piez
Fri Sep 14 11:46:56 CDT 2007

Sorin,

At 10:24 AM 9/14/2007, you wrote:
>It is a feature request which we already thought about in connection
>with the output of custom validators plugged to oXygen in Options ->
>Preferences -> Editor -> Custom Validation. I think we can easily
>extend it to external tools. A format must be imposed for the
>fragments of the output from the tool which should be rendered as
>clickable links. It could be something simple, like:
>
>SystemID: ... Location: ... Description: ...
>
>with some special delimiters before the first field and after the
>last field of the clickable message.

That would do it.

In my case the requirement does indeed arise with a "custom
validation", except the validator in this case takes the form of an
XSLT stylesheet. (It would be in Schematron if that were up to this
particular job.) I can use Saxon extensions to get line numbers etc.,
so such a format would be fairly straightforward to generate.

Which implies that one could also provide this for XSLT
transformation results, for extra fun. I could simply use a
transformation scenario and not an external tool.

While we're at it ... any chance that that format could be ... XML?
I've also had occasion to upconvert oXygen validation results into
XML for further processing; if oXygen could give XML back on its own,
I wouldn't have to do that.

Thanks,
Wendell

Wendell Piez                            mailto: