[oXygen-user] Help on XForms validation and auto-completion

George Cristian Bina
Mon May 29 10:48:22 CDT 2006

Hi Paul,

There are a couple of approaches to have XHTML plus XForms validation
and content completion.
As far as I know there is under development at W3C an XML Schema that
handles XHTML and XForms. Not sure how to access that though... I will
see what I can find out about that and let you know. This will give you
both content completion and validation as with any XML Schemata.
Another approach is to use NVDL or NRL schema to combine the XML Schema
for XForms and the Relax NG schema for XHTML. Makoto has such a sample
NRL schema here:
http://www.idealliance.org/papers/dx_xml03/papers/04-04-03/04-04-03.html#XForms1
and IIRC an NVDL schema for XHTML + XForms is presented in the NVDL
specification. oXygen has support for NRL and the NVDL support can be
added as external tool. This will give you validation but not content
completion - we plan to support NRL/NVDL also for content completion in
the future.